Tuesday, November 24, 2009

POLLS CLOSED: DO YOU GO TO SHOWS?

51 of you make it out to shows when you can. Considering how many people over the age of 21 still go to shows in SLC, this makes a lot of sense. With family, school and/or work, it's hard to catch every show. 15 are so die-hard that you "wouldn't miss a one." Thanks for keeping the spirit alive!

12 don't go to shows but would like to... hopefully we can keep you up-to-date and you can make it out sooner or later. I bet you'll have a good time.

And 15 of you are "over it." You voyeurs you! We appreciate your peeping-tom interest in Salt Lake hardcore... but this is hardcore! This about getting together to enjoy the music you love, vent your frustration with this fucked-up world, and build a better future. What is hardcore without the stage dives and high fives?

So here's the question: Why did you vote the way you did? Why do you make it to every show? Why are your over it? What keeps you from going to shows and what would get you out to me?

Let us know in the comments...



6 comments:

Unknown said...

I go to shows when I can. Out of town most the year and out of money the rest of it. But I feel like I still catch quite a bit.

xjoe jacksonx said...

I'd like to make it to more shows but don't. Here's why, many of you know that Alex is living with me now which makes any weeknight also a school night, not to mention that I get up for work at 5am and lets face it I'm not 24 anymore and need my sleep. Fridays I have to drive my son to Tooele to spend time with his punk-ass mom, and by the time I get back all I want to do is fucking relax. That being said Friday is still my ideal to be able to go to a show, but the last Friday show I remember was Collapse (who I love) and Dismantled (who I also love) but it also happened to fall on mine and Mrs Joe Jackson's 3rd year wedding anninversary. Saturdays I pick my boy back up, this is also an ideal day for me to go to a show. Sunday is out of the question, that is our family day and unless Minor Threat and Slapshot are playing I probably wont be there. Like I said I'd like to go to more but I'm raising a family and going to shows is no longer a top priority of mine. Crucify me all you want for this cuz I could give a fuck.

Namaste

Trevor said...

Family comes first, my friend. No one should blame you for that.

Clinton Sawicz said...

i voted "i'm over it" cause well i am. shows have consistently become less and less fun and more hassle than they are worth. the divisions in the scene and the constant shit talk and back biting are dragging it through the fucking mud. i don't contribute to any solution to this problem, so, i'm just over being involved... so, i'll see you all on the 22nd for city to city's last show (at least with me playing drums) and if 108 or colin of arabia ever play here...

Angry James said...

I try to go to shows when I can. Apparently I am distantly challenged and can't really participate in any shows in the salt lake area very often. I went and saw sleeping giant in san diego. Fyi: soma is a shitty venue. I will never go again. It must be the equivalent of the kollective shows for san diego. There was a barrier between me and the band, and the security guards were ass holes. That's just not that all that fun to me. I prefer a lot of band/crowd interaction when I go to shows. I saw sg and left. Lucky for me the sub for santa show and city to city play when I come back for christmas. I hoping it revitalizes me.

Dan Fletcher said...

There's no City to City without you Clinton. See you soon.