Friday, December 25, 2009

MERRY XXX-MAS FROM GRUDGE CITY ACTIVITIES!

Hopefully everyone is having a good time with friends and family today (I know we are) but we just wanted to give everyone a little bit of a Christmas gift of our own.

A few of you have noticed already, but the Salt Lake Hardcore Music Archive (there's a link for it over in the right hand column) is up and running. Dan and I have been quietly adding music to it for the past week and will continue to do so for the next little while. There's nearly 30 years (!) of great Salt Lake Hardcore music out there and we wanted to make sure everyone that wanted to hear it would be able to.

We'll still be highlighting one release from the archive every Wednesday, but figured rather than the slow burn of only giving you one a week, we'd overload your senses all at once.

There are a lot of demos and unreleased tracks that maybe fell by the wayside over the years, so we decided that an archive would be a great place to keep track of it all.


And as we move forward and the rest of the Salt Lake Hardcore 101's take shape, you'll be able to learn a bit more about the bands that you may not recognize—like Dead in the Womb, Anima Nera or Dead Peasants Insurance.


But for now, head over to the Archive and download an album or 40. We'll keep adding to it as we go, so check back often.

Thanks for supporting us, now get over and get some free music!

*We still have a lot of music to upload and there's some that we don't have, so if you'd like to have your band added to the archive, shoot us an e-mail at grudgecityhc@gmail.com and we'll get a copy from you to add.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

so is old news records pretty much dead now?

Megatron said...

i've got some demo tapes that would be sweet to add. i don't know how to convert them though so somebody who may be a little more computer savvy could get in on this.
-Troy.

Trevor said...

Shon - Pretty much, yes. Old News was fun and a cool thing to do, but with hardly anyone buying CD's anymore, it kind of ended up being a waste of money. I'll still keep it around and maybe do something cool with it—like a DVD release of show footage or something—but most everything we get our hands on will just end up in the Archive. That way you don't have to pay for it. Which will get it out to a lot more people.

Troy - I can convert cassette tapes and add them. That's how I got that Suspension of Disbelief demo up there. If I can borrow them from you for a few days, I'd love to add them.

andy said...

i am sure you guys have it but i have gutshots demo, misled, and godcity i think. trevor.... i have some video of aftermath, gutshot, i think skeiff. let me know i would love to help put togeather that dvd i love doing video stuff.

Ty$on said...

its kind of a bummer cd's are all out of style and shit

xdislocationx said...

You guys should upload God City. and maybe some Maimed for Life. that would be saweet.

Trevor said...

Like I said, we're working on it. I've uploaded most of what I have and Dan has a whole bunch more on his computer back home. As soon as he gets back to NYC, expect a lot more to go up.

But I don't know if either of us have God City, Maimed for Life or Misled (all of which have been mentioned). So if you have any of that stuff, get in touch with me - trevorhale@gmail.com - and we'll work on it.

Also, if anyone from Ritual Fuck reads this (i.e. Spencer) would you be cool with me transferring the demo tape over? I don't know how to get in touch with you otherwise.

Chris said...

This is rad.

I've got some old, old Parallax stuff, as well as the full DPI release. I've got the Gutterqueen demo too.

Anonymous said...

hey dan, do you or anyone else have any makeshift?

spenserprufrock said...

Of course you may transfer the Ritual Fuck demo, Trevor. Thanks.

XaustinX said...

you upload more of the provo/byu bands like drugshit active agressive despite despair

@joshuarathbun said...

I have the God City demo. I can have that up sometime but I don't have a cover or the song tracks.

xStefahnx said...

Drug shit and active agressive would be cool. And do you know of anywhere I could get some cub country?