Monday, November 24, 2008

I HAVE CAT SCRATCH FEVER


No, this is not a joke... 

Cat scratch disease (CSD) is a bacterial disease caused by Bartonella henselae. Most people with CSD have been bitten or scratched by a cat and developed a mild infection at the point of injury. Lymph nodes, especially those around the head, neck, and upper limbs, become swollen. Additionally, a person with CSD may experience fever, headache, fatigue, and a poor appetite.

My girlfriend's cat (pictured below) attacked me in my sleep last week, leaving some serious scratches on my right arm. Today, I wake up feeling like shit with a swollen lymph gland in my armpit.  It's not contagious but there's a 5% chance that I'll experience swelling of the brain.  Thanks Jezebel.

2 comments:

xjoe jacksonx said...

Dig the irony, a vegan gets a disease thats name was made famous by a song by Ted Nugent

Keep us posted about the brain swelling

Dan Fletcher said...

Haha, I blame the Nuge.