Wednesday, June 17, 2009

ED GEIN PLANNING NEW RELEASE


Grind/metal band Ed Gein played its first show in over two years last weekend, and things apparently went very well. Vocalist/bassist Aaron Turner checked in with an update:

"This weekend was amazing from start to finish. I think I speak for all of us in Ed Gein when I say its good to be back! I had an absolute blast despite having a wicked sore throat for a few days and having my voice pretty much go to hell in the first song. Thank you all for the warm welcome back. It was like playing our first show... We were all nervous as hell. But it was also like riding a bike. We're planning to record an EP of songs we wrote two years ago before we decided to take some time off. I'm not exactly sure when we'll be getting in the studio. Jocko at More Sound is always booked way ahead so it'll probably be sometime this fall or early winter. After that we plan to write some more new songs and maybe play a few shows around our area. We have no plans to tour for quite some time, if at all... We don't even have a van at this point. I'll keep everyone updated on things as they come along. Thanks to anyone who still cares what we're up to!"

If you haven't heard this band, get on it. Awesome dudes and an amazing band.

5 comments:

Clinton Sawicz said...

"amazing band" come on trevor...

really?

Trevor said...

Yes Clinton, really.

Jake Miller said...

I agree with Trevor, they are an awesome band.

spenserprufrock said...

I agree with people who agree this band is awesome.

Clinton Sawicz said...

i disagree with all of you.