Wednesday, October 29, 2008

PREACHER ALIVE AGAIN


*This is for Joe, Casey, Sias and the maybe one other person that actually gives a shit*

The Garth Ennis comic "Preacher" was optioned again, this time as a feature film and Mark Steven Johnson is nowhere near the project anymore. It's a sigh of relief from fans everywhere and a breath of fresh air as the new director is Sam Mendes.

Mendes is the director of American Beauty, Road to Perdition and Jarhead, so it's definitely a step in the right direction. Here's to hoping it's done right.

4 comments:

xjoe jacksonx said...

I don't know man they'd have to make a few movies to really stay true to the book

Trevor said...

Oh for sure, it can't all be done in one movie.

At least Mendes has a track record of good movies under his belt. That's the only thing I'm excited about.

Chris Purkey said...

hell yeah.

XfirestormX said...

I fuckin told you that it wasnt just gonna die. I think its too long to do in 1 movie and god knows they wont do more than one so probably they have to pick one aspect and leave out other parts. My bet is its gonna be the davini code stuff. I also bet it gets way more serious. Although I wish theyd do it as salvation but I dont know how that would work.