Thursday, October 29, 2009

UPDATE: CHUCK BISCUITS MAY NOT BE DEAD

From the JG2 Land blog:

UPDATE #1: Rumors are beginning to swirl that this is some kind of elaborate hoax. If so, I can assure you I am NOT in on it. I have previously chronicled my contact with Chuck/person(s) claiming to be Chuck(?) and never had any reason to disbelieve their claims.

Since this post went viral, however, several people (including former Danzig bassist Eerie Von and Chuck's brother Bob Montgomery) have openly questioned his death. All I can tell you is I've been communicating with two people since May I was always 99.999% sure were THE Chuck Biscuits and his wife from e-mail addresses bearing their names. They never asked me to wire money to a Nigerian prince or adopt their child, so I took it all at face value.

Chuck's wife is allegedly the one who has been sending out mass e-mails about Chuck's condition to family and friends; I didn't use her name below because I didn't know if she'd be comfortable with that and it didn't seem like a good time to bring it up, considering her husband was dying. I'm still not going to use her name on the same grounds.

Although I can't imagine why a former member of Danzig would want to fake his own death via the Internet, I know plenty of people who severely dislike me and would take any chance they could to play on my gullibility to make me look as stupid as possible (i.e. e-mail me for six months pretending to be a dying drummer I admire). If this is all a big fat lie, I'm sorry, but I promise I was duped just as hard as you.

UPDATE #2: Further e-mails have been exchanged with Chuck's brother Bob Montgomery; after I confirmed the name of Chuck's wife via two independent sources, Bob wrote:

"Chuck and I have been somewhat estranged for a time, but this seems fishy. I am going to his home to get to the bottom of this, I will let you know one way or the other. If this is a hoax, I will pop Chuck in his beak. I am allowed. He is my little brother."

The investigation continues. At this point, I don't know whom to believe.

UPDATE #3: CHUCK BISCUITS ALIVE? An e-mail I just received at 6:34 PM EST:
 
"Dear James Greene,

This note is on behalf of Bob Montgomery, who ask me (his wife) to let you know that CHUCK IS ALIVE. Bob is on his way to see him now and will send you a follow up email in the near future. Thank you for taking the time to reply to Bob’s email this morning.

Sincerely,
 Tabitha Montgomery"

Case closed? Not until I figure out who the hell was e-mailing me for six months pretending to be Chuck and his wife. A "full disclosure" post regarding my side of this whole mess is coming shortly.


No comments: