Friday, January 29, 2010

SLHC MUSIC ARCHIVE: SEASON OF THE SPRING

We forgot to feature a Salt Lake Hardcore release from our archive on Wednesday so we're gonna drop this in place of our One Voice column this week. And the record is... Season of the Spring's 1993, self-titled full-length.

The album marked the culmination of the Bad Yodeler's 10-year run. After a number of releases under the Yodeler moniker, the band chose a new name, Season of the Spring, and recorded a full-length that epitomized the metal-meets-hardcore-meets-rock sound that it honed during the 80s. Sadly, it would be their final release. I can't speak for other Salt Lake City acts but I can vouch that this record had a major influence on my work in City to City.




2 comments:

Megatron said...

this record pretty much gets daily rotation at my house.
-Troy

Patricio said...

Hi there!, I just knew about this band since I started some while ago to listen to the Yodelers and The Stench. Could you please be so kind to upload it again?