Sunday, September 21, 2008

BACKYARD MINI-RAMPS BANNED


I don't skate, but this is kind of bullshit anyway.

The Salt Lake Valle​y Healt​h Depar​tment​ has passe​d an ordin​ance banni​ng skate​ ramps​ on resid​entia​l prope​rties​ in Salt Lake Count​y.​ The ban falls​ under​ a "​Commu​nity Noise​ Pollu​tion Contr​ol Regul​ation​"​.​

"​4.​5.​21.​ Sport​ing Ramps​.​ No perso​n shall​ build​ or use nor shall​ any perso​n cause​,​ allow​,​ or permi​t anyon​e to build​ or allow​ anyon​e to use any skate​board​,​ rolle​r blade​,​ bicyc​le,​ or snowb​oard ramp or half-​pipe or simil​ar confi​gurat​ion withi​n 800 feet of a dwell​ing,​ excep​t withi​n facil​ities​ that have been desig​nated​ for such use by gover​nment​ entit​y.​"

It's official. The Health Department hates fun.

4 comments:

Awesome James said...

Someone in salt lake should build the biggest residential skate ramp now. Not that I like skateboarding but I LOVE controversy.

xbrooklynx said...

i always talked about building a skate ramp... but i never got around to it... now im effed. officially.

xjoe jacksonx said...

When I was a kid my dad built my brother & I an awesome skateboard ramp so this ban really pisses me off, even though I haven't skated in years

XfirestormX said...

You know whats bullshit telling people what they can and cant do on land they own. The city can fuck themselves if they think im gonna follow any regulations when I build my underground skate ramp slash bunker slash bedroom in the backyard.That is gonna be where i customize my boards with special grip tape and wheels capable of freeway speeds.