Tuesday, September 30, 2008

TURMOIL SINGER QUITS

Turmoil was supposed to release a new album sometime soon, but it probably just got moved back a bit further again as frontman Jon Gula recently quit.

In talking with Lambgoat, he said: "Turmoil has been a big part of life for many years, essentially half of my life. I really wish I could, but I just can't devote 100% of myself to Turmoil anymore. I've got too many things to attend to right now, and I didn't think it would be fair to our fans, or to the rest of the band, to delay the inevitable."

"I'll understand if they carry on with someone else. I'm not sure if I would call it 'Turmoil,' going forward, but I support whatever decision they make. Obviously, they've got to do what's right for them."

Too bad. A new Turmoil album just wouldn't sound quite right without him.

2 comments:

xbrooklynx said...

That is bullshit... I was getting all excited about them playing here when they tour for their new album. Fuck... Fuck... Fuck.

sias said...

I wonder if it had anything to do with the smocks riffs?