Tuesday, March 17, 2009

NEW POLL: WHICH FICTIONAL CHARACTER WOULD WIN IN A FIGHT?

I've devised a new poll for this week, and since I've been posting movie stuff all weekend, I decided to stick with that theme.

So here it is—Which fictional film character would win in a fight?

There were a few rules I tried to follow when picking the nominees: I tried to only include characters that appeared in more than one movie, but there were a few (like Jack Burton) that I had to include based on just one. For the actors that have more than one iconic character, it was hard, but I made a judgement call. If you feel that John Matrix or Douglas Quaid/Hauser is a better choice than Dutch, I'm sorry. I also avoided men as machines and that kind of thing (i.e. No Robocop, Terminator or Universal Soldier). If there is someone that's not on there that should be—let me know.

Here are your choices:


John McClane (Die Hard)
Jack Burton (Big Trouble in Little China)
Martin Riggs (Lethal Weapon)
John Rambo (Rambo)
"Dirty" Harry Callahan (Dirty Harry)
Dutch (Predator)
Sarah Connor (Terminator)
Casey Ryback (Under Seige)
James Braddock (Missing In Action)
Axel Foley (Beverly Hills Cop)
Indiana Jones (Indiana Jones)
Kurt Sloane (Kickboxer)
Paul Kersey (Deathwish)

15 comments:

Awesome James said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Awesome James said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
spenserprufrock said...

Jack Burton cause you never can tell.

xbrooklynx said...

My vote would go with

Dutch...

But the Dutch that Ed O'neil plays

Chris said...

Wait, Sarah Connor from Terminator 1 or 2?

I'd say McClaine. He'd waste Arnold cause he has experience dealing with uppity foreigners(ref. Die Hards 1 & 3). Although if it was Jon Matrix as apposed to Dutch, and McClaine was holding an 11 year old Alyssa Milano hostage, well then it's fair game.

sias said...

i think you should of put porter from payback on this list instead of martin riggs. hes possibly the hardest movie character of all time.

@joshuarathbun said...

This poll is %100 flawed because Ash from the Evil Dead trilogy would fuck up anyone on this list and he's not even listed.

xjoe jacksonx said...

I second that Spidey! Ash!! Hail to the king baby

Awesome James said...

You know I was going to say ash but I wasn't sure if the whole chainsaw for an arm thing would count as man-part-machine.

Trevor said...

Martin Riggs > Porter

Any day.

sias said...

spidey, although ash is bad ass he certainly isnt that kick ass in a fight, lets be real about this. i love the evil dead franchise as much as the next almost 30 yr old nerd but ash is by far more of a lovable fuck up than a fight till you drop bad ass.

trevor, youre nuts my friends, totally nuts. agree to disagree i suppose.

Jake Miller said...

I think we all need to get real, Dutch kicks the shit out of some bitch ass alien with a knife, a torch, a stick and some mud? I agree with Sious that Porter would take Martin Riggs to the drive-thru of pain and order him a double black eye sandwich. But Dutch has his shit together, he talks shit to Carl Weathers, saves some mute fuckin retard girl and saves the world without even breaking a sweat.

p.s. Ash gets his own ash kicked by tiny versions of himself?

Chris said...

If Danny Glover can kill a Predator, it can't be that hard. If anything Mac(Bill Duke) should have been on the list. "You're ghostin' us, motherfucker. I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that?"

@joshuarathbun said...

No matter what, Ash wins in the end. When the fuck did Dutch fight an evil clone of himself? Oh yeah, fucking never.

Jake Miller said...

Well if my memory serves me right they let Danny Glover's bitch ass go at the end of Predator 2 and if it weren't for Gary Busey then Danny Glover would've been done for in the meat locker. You could say Danny Glover pulled an "Ash" and lucked his way to end of the movie. Dutch would've hatched a plan to wipe out the entire space ship of predators and and the entire Army of Darkness all at the same time and then he would resurrect Bill Duke afterwards and kill his black self loathing face cutting ass. Then he would make a clone of himself and kill that too. Then he'd make a clone of Spidey and kill that too. Boo yah. Dutch wins....Again.