Tuesday, September 9, 2008

WHO YA GONNA CALL?


I stole this from IGN.com.


September 4, 2008 - After a two decade absence, the Ghostbusters finally appear ready to return to the silver screen. Columbia Pictures has tapped the Emmy-nominated writing team of Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky (co-executive producers of The Office) to pen the screenplay.

What's more, Variety reports that the new script will be "for a film designed to bring back together the original cast of Harold Ramis, Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd and Ernie Hudson." (There were rumors years ago that Ghostbusters 3 would revolve around a younger set of GBs instead.)

The trade adds, "No deals will be made with the original cast until the script is ready, but the gross percentage will certainly be an issue. Sony has a standing policy not to allow more than 25% of first dollar gross out the door."

Harold Ramis recently directed the Sony comedy Year Zero, which was scripted by Eisenberg and Stupnitsky.

6 comments:

Awesome James said...

I hope i'm not the only one whose a lil excited. As long as they get the original cast...and it isnt the guys who wrote the script for the second one, so thats a good sign there.

sias said...

what was wrong with the second one?

Awesome James said...

I dunno, i just didnt like it as much. I havent seen it for awhile but I remember watching it and thinking to myself I'd rather watch the first one again.

Trevor said...

The guys that wrote the second one are the same that wrote the first one: Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis aka Ray Stanz and Egon Spangler.

The new guys write for The Office and wrote all three episodes of the show (including others) that Ramis has directed.

It has promise.

sias said...

i have to say friend, you should watch the second one...many times...till you learn to appreciate its greatness.

Awesome James said...

K I will, I think I remember thinking the end was a lil rushed. Fuck it I'll watch both of them again. It's been a while.

But WHO AM I GONNA CALL?!

I'm calling the writers from the office to make sure they dont fuck this up!